I want to throw a big blowout for my sons 1st bday bcuz he has DOZENS of cousins but what would a 1 yearold enjoy for a bday party?

Asked by lil08mama at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do a zoo theme or a circus theme. These are both classics and will never go out of style in pix that you display in the future...with dozens of cousins...your place will be a circus and a zoo!!! LOL Hope it is a lot of fun!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Make it short and sweet they get tired and overwhelmed quickly

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 11:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• At one, I don't think they really care too much. I would cater the activities to the other older children that will be coming. The theme should be whatever your son is "in" to. (sesame street, diego, baby einstein, puppies... etc.) Have fun!!

Answer by Soxfan4noni at 2:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We did a BIG blow out for our sons 1st birthday... I would just say make it pretty short! We did a sports theme and had balls and such for him to play with and made food that he liked at that point and he loved opening gifts!! I think as long as you do it AFTER nap time it is ALOT better!!!! Good luck and have a blast!

Answer by aydens_mama at 2:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We had a big birthday for my son too. The best piece of advice I got was to plan the party for AFTER naptime. So I made sure he got put down at noon and the party started at three. But with all the people there they will start to get a little overwhelmed and fussy. Plan mainly to entertain the bigger kids. There is nothing worse for them than sitting around watching the birthday boy open 1000 gifts! I gave them their goodies bags while Adeus had present time. The one year olds don't car if 5 people show up or if 55 people do! They are just happy to see people that love them!!

Answer by adeuslove07 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Balloons are a big hit with most kids.

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• balloon party!!!

Answer by yoshiki56 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I have a personalized party favors business! I give a 10% discount to CafeMom moms! :-)

Answer by zimbalison at 7:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2008