Where is the best place to go to get properly fitted for a bra?

I need all the help I can get. I have breastfed 2 kids and my boobs are like deflated balloons!!!! I want to go to a place that really knows how to fit a woman for a good bra but I have no idea where to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• motherhood stores or victorina secert
    chris83

Answer by chris83 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Most major department stores with a lingerie department. Nordstrom is famous for this. I also think Macy's or Dillard's is fine. Victoria's Secret was hit or miss for me. Ask for the best fitter when there. :) Happy shopping!!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You need to go to a real bra shop. If you are in the Chicago-metro area, go to Schwartz's in Skokie.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• JC Penny does bra fittings.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I've always had really good luck at VS - they not only measure me, but help with picking out style(s) of bras that will make the most of my "assets"

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Victoria's Secret was a joke every time I went. They measured me, yes, but never measured me correctly and I never had a bra fit right. I thought I did but I realized after a few years that they don't make bras in the cup size I need so they made sure I measured into their size.
    Depending on your cup size, you can find a lot of really good, quality bras online and ordering is easy. They go through the measuring process online and will even help you over the phone. Breakout Bras http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/noname1.html . They are not cheap but will be very supportive and quality bras.
    DestMasters

Answer by DestMasters at 4:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• HA! I went to Walmart and they didn't even have a tape measure! I used to go to Lane Bryant when the ladies were huge, now I go to any bra only store.
    Anonymous

• I've been to Vicky's Secrets and I got measured. Both times I got home wore the bra...and a day later it was uncomfortable. I'm in between a D and DD in THEIR store. I'd go to a few places, because different brands fit differently. When you go, expect to spend a little time trying on a bunch of bras! You don't want to get home and not have the right one!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 7:05 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I, too, have had poor luck at Victoria's Secret. They are great if you are small, but once you get to the age where you are getting scars from scraping on the sidewalk when you walk, you confuse the help. I, too, am in need of bras right now. The major department stores, like Macy's or J.C Penney are good, if you happen to catch a bra fitter. I tried to measure myself, following directions on an online bra store site. If I went by that, I'd need a 42 EEE! LOL Good luck, and let me know where to find a fitter that won't cost me a week's food bill!
    Susan
    suebax12

Answer by suebax12 at 8:07 PM on May. 1, 2010

• do not go to lane bryant.... i went there .. i have little titties and big stomach so they tried so hard to fit me in a bra that was just way to big......any way then i went to norstroms......only to find out the bra lane bryant fit me for was 2 sizes bigger than of norstroms......ya there going to try to force you to buy a 65.00$ bra.....i think they work on commision..... so i got my bra size but once she started getting pushy i snuck out.....see i work in retail also so i knew what she was doing......as like mrs b i also found out that the padded bras were bigger than the soft ones.....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 8:10 PM on May. 1, 2010