Please help me.

My son will be 4 in a month and today he started to poop in his pants again. He hasn't done that in a year. If it was diarreah then I could understand but it wasn't. What can I do about him going backwards?

alaskansglmom

Asked by alaskansglmom at 12:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he continues, have him wear under jammies. They might feel like diapers to him - maybe that will discourage him from going on purpose again in his pants? I don't mean to shame him, but to give him the choice of either using the potty like he was, or wearing the jammies just in case. You can tell him that it's not healthy to poo in his pants like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• make sure that something tramatic has not happened to him. sometimes i think they could revert into things like this due to trama. look deeper into it then just him poo-ing. go deeper, look into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2010