will it work in the future

Say you're a single mom.. and you find a guy who REALLY likes you but won't go out with you till he's done with college and sorting out his life.. will you guys be together in the future when he's done?
I'm in that situation.. I really like him, we went out in high school. and he loves me, and thinks my son is adorable but wants to wait

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He might actually be a more steady life partner. He has his priorities straight.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Holy Toledo!!! Either this guy "isn't all that into you" or you've a real focused winner there. NObody these days is willing to put their hormones and desires aside to focus on getting an education and making inteligent choices. I say, date other men until you find out what he wants to do. You'll gain some valulable experience in chosing a good mate and he may one day be an excellent provider for your family. If it turns out he doesn't want to be with you, you can always chose someone else. Some people like to believe there is only "one" true love out there for you but that hasn't been my experience. Either way, Be smart, chose a mate with the same exacting standards as you would chose a career or a house or a vehicle. It's an important decision! Good Luck!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 1:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think it's absolutely possible, and like the PP said, it's a sign he's a good guy, IMO. You can wait. It's kind of a test, but it's good for character. I believe in God and I believe that if two people are meant to be together, they will be even if their parted for a time. Hang in there mama, I hope he's worth the wait!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I would not hold my breathe on this guy he is either and great guy or just doesn't want to hurt your feelings so don't put your life on hold for a man if he really means the world and you think he is worth waiting on then waste that time but don't cry in the end if he was just wasting your time. I am so not trying to be bitch I just am a straight up person and that's what I have to say on this situation your in. For you and your child I hope it all works out for you all. GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I personally would not wait 2,4, 6 years for a guy. He probably is just saying that. Cause he really does not want to date you. "He is just not that into you". Keep him as a friend and move on and date other men.

Answer by louise2 at 5:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• He's not ready to commit. This doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great partner to you later when he's achieved his goals, but I don't think you should put your life on hold. Make good decisions for you and your son with consideration that he may not come around. If he comes back to you and is ready to commit, you can rest assured that you haven't done anything to jeopardize your future relationship. If he ultimately decides you and your son don't fit into his life aspirations, you've done nothing to jeopardize your future with anyone else, either, and you and your son are better off for it. I'd like to believe in love stories, and many times they come true, but I'd hate to see you miss your prince because you're waiting for someone else. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i just wanted to know lol I wasn't meaning to imply I will be waiting.. I'm just going through life waiting for a guy to come to me. just wanted to know if there's a future in this one for him waiting. he will be coming this sunday to hang out with just me and my son and he says it can be a date or not, it's up to me.. I said idc, as long as you're there, it's been 2 years [after graduation] since I saw you lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 1, 2010