How would you act if someone that you know gets scabies?

Scabies is a contagious skin disease caused by a species of mite that
is very small.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Health

• ahhh my sister in law who lives with us got it!! i was like ewww and i tried to be nice about it but i wanted to die! i just didnt get close to her or touch her
    njimenez210

Answer by njimenez210 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• idk.. I've never been near anyone who has it.. probably keep a distance
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My entire family suffered from it once years ago. I would never wish it on my worst enemy. It causes crazy itchiness, and the meds to treat it are outrageously expensive - we had to pay out of pocket. We didn't want anyone coming over, and we limited ourselves to staying indoors during treatment. I would feel just awful if someone were to have caught it from one of us. It's not a fun thing to go through. We don't know how we got it. We never did anything out of the ordinary. Those mites lay eggs and feces on the top layer of the skin. When you scratch at your skin, you end up embedding those suckers even deeper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• People don't get them because they're dirty, they get them from contact with someone that already has them. They're awful and a complete PITA to get rid of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• KEEP MT DISTANCE for sure. This is my bubble and that is yours no one but the closest to me allowed in my bubble. The rest of the world can keep there distance from me and my loved ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I never had it but worked in diffrent nursing homes and seen cases of it it is awful makes me scratch to just think of it
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2010