For you anti illegals...

Why is it ok for refugees to be flown here by whoever from wherever, but not for poor neighboring citizens. Can anyone enlighten me about what are the rules and who brings Refugees, and why aren't Mexicans et al, ever refugee status?

Why is it ok for the influx of H1B visas from China and India taking jobs (jobs you and yours SHOULD want, moving into houses you and yours should want) and not ok for the illegals who have been here for years and their children born and raised here, living year after year on a dime, in a hut?

Doesn't it seem that anti illegals would choose to permanently close US border with a wall to Central/South Americans and let ANYONE else come in, refugee or visa or illegal? Of course, only after time and need for another whipping boy would they find another problem, like history has proven with Natives, Blacks, Irish, italians, blacks, mexicans, on and on. See the pattern here.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well first of all, I would like to state that I was raised by illegals. My mom was too poor to afford daycare so she would take in a lady , give her room, board, and what cash she could afford, and they basically made us lunch when we got home from school and made sure we didn't burn the house down. Some I have fond memories of, others, not so fond.

I don't personally think that hispanic illegals shoudl be treated any differently than other illegals, it just happens that there are more hispanic illegals than other cultures, at least here in AZ. As for the refugee ?, I don't know enough about the politics of mexico, other than there are a lot of very poor people there. When I think of a refugee, I think of someone fleeing genocide or civil war. I wasn't aware of that happening in Mexico (but if it were happening, by all means, bring em over)
    (CONT)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• wow anon 12:28,,you are from forbidden Arizona? You know we are boycotting the Arizona tea now,,,,even though it is made in NYC! Sorry for the attention that has been placed upon your state,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• (CONT from reply 1)
    The problem I have w/ illegals, is that they tend to get jobs that pay under the table, so they are not paying into the tax system. Then they use services that are funded by taxpayer money (public schools, medical care, up until recently they could even get on wellfare) It's like the family who always comes to the potluck but never brings anything to share.

Second, the people who come illegally are basically saying "we don't care about your laws", Then, many of them don't get car insurance (because they don't care about our laws), My first BF was almost killed in a nasty accident and the people just drove off. They were caught & found to be illegals. They drove off cause they were illegal & uninsured. Also, growing up in Tucson, I have known other illegals who were working the system in other ways, & they just had the attitude of how they were pulling one over on the US.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• (CONT #3)
    But I would really like to clarify, that there are many many Mexican people that I know & dearly love & even consider extended family. It's not a racist thing at all, it's a matter of being respectful of the laws. And to my understanding, this new law basically mirrors federal law. Federal law requires people from other countries to get Visas or citizenship or hold a passport of somekind, etc... So, we have many people coming here disregarding that law and not enough federal agents enforcing it. Well, the state decided that if they make this FEDERAL law a STATE law as well, then our very own police could enforce it. So on that note, if AZ are inherently racist for passing this law, doesn't it make our whole country racist?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• OP here: thanks for the genuine answer. I must tell you most of us would help out with supporting laws, if they weren't rooted or written by white nationalists. Look into the law, and find the writers and their connections with such. But also, the history of actual pre American mexicans of the former Southwest formerly known as "New Mexico" via Spain, being killed for the land, forced to leave it, or rounded up and sent to Mexico, this even happened in the 1930s. I can tell you, I have no patience for immigrants who are anti-immigrant, knowing this history. It seems they all are just too cozy forgetting their ancestral past and why they are here. Yet it's in my face year after year. Talk about tiring. This is really friggin tiring. I have to warn my miracle child from not just predators, but people who think like many who support this bill. I really hate the 1stGen types like 1/2 or full who agree with this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• 1. The US takes less than 1 percent of the world’s refugees. So Don't act like they are taking on so many people just not Mexicans.
    2. International law defines a refugee as someone who must flee his/her country because of a fear of persecution, and because of that fear is unable to return. Not someone wanting a better life, more money, etc.
    3. Even though some may fit the definition of refugee, they cannot pass the ideological test of coming from a country considered "unfriendly" to the United States. Simple politics.
    4. Most are assumed to be merely economic migrants with "frivolous" reasons for seeking asylum. Someone has to make the call whether its a real case or not. Those persons are the UNHCR.... not white nationalists.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Oh and to prove its not White Nationalists, António Guterres became the 10th UN High Commissioner for Refugees on June 15, 2005 and is still there. So maybe write to him and see why he denies Mexicans!
    94 Rue de Montbrillant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland.
    Tel: + 41 22 739 8606 or + 41 22 739 8812

Fax: + 41 22 739 7316
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If we let all of Mexico cross our borders, will Canada let us flee there when we are a third world country needing a place to make a better life for ourselves?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The problem I have w/ illegals, is that they tend to get jobs that pay under the table, so they are not paying into the tax system. Then they use services that are funded by taxpayer money (public schools, medical care, up until recently they could even get on wellfare) It's like the family who always comes to the potluck but never brings anything to share.-Annon 3:32

Exactly! Don't you think it would be a better idea to enforce the law that employers not hire them, rather than this law. If there are no jobs , theres no reason for them to come here. I don't understand why this isn't being talked about more.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 7:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• This video was shared last night by another cafe-mom member. It is a MUST WATCH piece that puts the immigration numbers in an easy to understand format: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

The whole clip is only ten minutes long... so please watch it and then post a response.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2010