Rejected/Ignored Friend Requests....

When you send a friend request to someone and they reject it do you think they should at least type a quick message to you letting you know why they did? I've had a few pending for ages and I know for a fact that the members have been in here since I sent them. Do you let the person know why if you decide to reject their invite?
I don't just randomly send friend invites to just anyone. If I see answers or posts from a person that I like I check out their profile (if I can of course) and try to see other things we have in common. So it's a bit of a pisser when I don't get an answer.... Just curios how others in here do things....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I don't think a person should tell you WHY they don't want to be friends. Maybe they just add people they know in real life, maybe they don't notice the friend request and don't check it, they could be afraid of spam or a million other reasons. When you send a request you can say who you are so they know you're not a random person but you've been in contact in groups and such. I don't find it a big deal if they don't want to be friends too bad...their loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I ignore the ones that leave the "canned" CafeMom request. I only accept the ones that are personalized.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I ignore them if it seems really out of the blue, like never chatted or anything with them. If it also seems like spam I ignore and profiles that are private. I don't ever say why I ignored the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It's a choice, These days I'm MORE careful because of viruses and such.But if I don't think we have things in common I might not accept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When you send a friend request to someone and they reject it do you think they should at least type a quick message to you letting you know why they did?

No, I don't think there is an obligation to reply to friend requests. I rarely accept a friend request on here because I'm just not that interested in socializing through this website as "friends". I do most of that on facebook and I just don't have time to keep up with a new group of people that I don't personally know. I do however occasionally post to my "groups" here and I enjoy the Q&A section. My ignoring friend requests isn't personal at all. I would feel more guilty about accepting a friend request and then ignoring posts they put on my page, so for me its better just not to engage in that.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• no

I only accept the ones that actually tell me something about themselves - like how they know me, and not just the "it sounds like we have lots in common....blah blah" automatic message from the site.

make me want to be your friend not just some person who's adding as many people as they can.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Interesting! Thank you all for answering :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010