Group Invites

I have always wondered about the invitations to different groups that end up in my mailbox here. Are they like a group mailing to a bunch of members that everyone gets or are do the group owners or moderators keep an eye out for people they think should join their group?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does that happen to you often?I haven't received any group invite so far and am a member of several groups.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Most of them are random invites, especially if it's to a bitch group. They like to invite new members to rip them a new one. Sometimes though, it's just someone who sees that you have something in common and wants more people in their group. You can tell though, easily, by what type of group it is. If it's topic related like a favorite TV show or activity, then it's probably safe. If it's a random bitch group, then watch out!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I get them too! there's at least one new one every couple of days.

the last one was to a latina mama group.....I'm about as far away from latina as you can get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• OP-Thanks ladies! I BRIEFLY joined one of the bitch groups but didn't stay long.... I have enough conflict in real life I don't want it in here too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2010