Could you be a SAHM? TO working mothers only THX.

SO I am a people person and enjoy working. I also love to spend time with my son and do family things but i could not see my self sittin on my butt half the time making sure he is alright.I love the fact that my son's father and I both support our family and still spend time too...so the question is could you do it. Why or why not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know you said to working moms, but I need to correct you. I am a work at home mom....previously a stay at home mom, previously a district manager. I am a people person as well. As a stay at home mom the only time that I GET to sit on my butt is when the kids go to bed. The reason I started a business from home is because I needed the interaction with people/keep my mind busy with adult stuff. Personally, I wouldn't go back....not just because I have a thriving business, but because the time I DO get to spend with my kids is amazing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I was a working mom, from 6 weeks, to six months. The stress was too much and we didn't need the money enough for me to keep that up. I plan to go back to work in a little bit, but when number 2 comes, I'm sure I'll wait a year or more to go back to work. Having a baby takes way too much outta me to keep working.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I've been both.I remember when I was a SAHM.I loved everything about it except for that little inner voice which always reminded me that I could use some time away from home.When I went back to working part time,I thought I'd feel guilty,but no.I actually needed that "away-from-home" time to recollect and unwind.It made me a better mom because I had lots of quality time to make up to my kids after work.When I was at home all the time lots of things were taken for granted by my DH,like cleaning or baby issues because I was in charge of everything and men sometimes forget to appreciate that.Now my DH helps out more and spends twice as much time as he used to with our children.For me this is "good parenting".Children do need to enjoy both parents which wasn't possible in my case at least when I was a SAHM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Im a working mom, I work from home, so i dont get to sit on my butt, MAYBE get a few minutes if kids get a nap-it doesnt always happen.

I help support my family-and it includes no babysitting bill or extra gas usage-so im saving my family money too.

So not sure how your question can apply, i dont think you thought this one out to long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• nope... i'm a single mom... no support from the father. i don't work, we don't live.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• As a former working mom who is now staying home due to being laid off, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I can't wait to go back to work. I CAN'T WAIT. I've been home for almost 2 years and I do not like it. The first month was OK, but now. OMG. I'm going nutters and that can't be good for the kids. The good part is, when I'm working, I'm a teacher, so it's not like I'm gone when the kids are home. I'm going back this fall, come hell or high water. WOO HOO!! There will be much rejoicing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No. I just don't have it in me. Kudos to the moms that can and do. I would go batty.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• LOL @ "work at home mom". Sorry those don't count as real jobs. A trained monkey could pull that kind of " work" off too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I have always worked full time...my DD is 8 now and I worked until the last day of my pregnancy, took off 10 weeks and right back to the full time status. I have to say it would be totally different to be a work at home mom. Although I am sure they work (i'm not diminishing what they do) but it is totally different to have to get up at 5am, get yourself ready, get your child to school and rush like mad to the office and be away from home for so long. I wish I could do my job from home but it's no possible. I don't think I could be a full time sahm.. it's just not my personality. I like to be challenged and I need brain stimulation. Staying home and trying to budget $$ and taking the whole day to decide what is for dinner is not my idea of brain stimulation. Ideally I would like to work part-time but that won't happen. I honestly would not know what to do with myself if I stayed home!!
    Anonymous