first doctor appointment questions...

My first dr appt is on my 4th I'll be 7 or 8 weeks.. What do they do? I'm kinda nervous since this is obviously my first pregnancy (or I would already know) thank god DH is coming with me. He always eases my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry... I meant MAY 4th
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i had a pap smear ultrasound and lots of blood work and also they test ur urine and talk with you about family history and what have you congrats and good luck you will be fine!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You'll get a pap smear, blood work urine, family history of both sides. Any problems you have had through your life, any medical problems you have. Questions to ask are what you should be experiencing, any problems, what to look for etc... Proper weight gain, And anything else you are concerned about.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When I got pregnant, that was my first pap smear... and I look over at DH and he's giggling because another woman is touching me down there. He was no support at all.. I almost lost it! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• at the very least they will set up your blood work (unless you've already had that done), take a urine sample, and go over your medical history. Sometimes they include the papsmear, the ultrasound, or the heart monitor. It all depends on your doctor. I've had it done were it was everything at once, and I've had this one done where they just wen tover the basics first, and I had to make a different appointment for the papsmear, and ultrasound.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010