I want to put that weed blocker stuff down...

I planted daffolids last year and most of them have come up. I am doing some gardening today, and not sure what to do. I want to put that black weed blocker stuff down because im not a garden lover, but like my house to look nice :) my question is this, do daffodils continue to reproduce? i know they will come up year after year. I love them and i dont want to put the weed blocker down if they is going to be more and more every year. Anyone know? thanks!!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Weed Cloth - keeps anything under it from breaking through to the top. Daffodils are Perennial bulbs and will need holes cut into the cloth so that they will come back next year. And make the hole a bit bigger so that as they divide and multiply that they have room to do so.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, they will continue to reproduce and they are perennials. They will return year after year.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If you mean Preen, it won't affect your daffodils. Preen doesn't stop what is already growing from growing. What Preen will do is keep new weeds from seeding in your bed, so while you won't get any new weeds, you still need to keep after the old ones until you've killed them all.

If you mean weed blocker fabric, it won't affect your daffodils either. The idea behind the fabric is to block the light from weed seeds so that they can't germinate, so as long as your flowers are above fabric, it won't affect their reproducing below the fabric.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You can always make the holes in the fabric bigger each year so more daffodils can come up. You can also go in and divide the bulbs and make new holes so the daffodils can be spaced out.
    Anonymous