anyone taking swim lessons ?

Hi, i was thinkin of joinin the ymca to take some swimming lessons w/my baby..anyone try this?

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like fun but I wouldn't waste the money, just go to the pool with the baby and have fun... From my experience our boys earned much better from me how to swim rather than an instructor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• we do them through the city and they are so cheap. BUT we do them while the older kids do yheir lessons and they are fun. She is 2 now so will do them on her own but in AZ lesson are very important! All my kids love lessons
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I don't think it would spend the money on a formal lesson... they won't teach anything at this point... what YOU can do on your own is get your baby used to the water and have them be comfortable with getting their face and head wet. Once they can do that THEN they can start to learn to swim.
    My son has been learning to swim since he was about 6 months old (DH use to be a swim instructor) ... but to start it was just being comfortable with the water... now at 21 months he is starting to really get the hang of things. He will do things like, jump in and come up on his own, float on his back, move along the edge with his hands, blow bubbles... he can't swim yet... but he's getting closer... he'll kick his feet if he is told to.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010