Economy growing?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126411879&ft=1&f=1001

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The economy is always growing. Growth has nothing to do with anything else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• That article does not exactly paint a pretty picture.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Point is just how much growth would you expect? A little growth here a little growth there, thats always good but we will not see a recovery for years to come. If you are satisfied seeing numbers that mean nothing to those without jobs then I guess the growth is a good thing. Fact is the unemployment numbers are what matters the most because those numbers would be much higher if the people without jobs wereworking and buying. This recovery is taking much to long and is in no way going to be full for years. If yo uare satisfied with that then I guess it's good. Personally, I htink Obama has dug a ditch for which we will not climb out of in my lifetime. But don't worry, you will keep seeing those meaningless numbers because it makes some people feel better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Sure it is, but so are the unemployment lines and welfare rolls. It certainly doesn't mean things are on the mend.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I just heard on the radio that over 1000 people applied for ONE job in Harrisburg, PA... Some people even camped out overnight to apply... Does that sound like growth?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2010