How do you handle everything that happens with kids....I'm spent! I am so frustrated beyond belief!!!!

Poopy diapers smeared all over my twin boys cribs, a 3 yr old dd that won't listen even if your screaming at her. She gets into everything that isn't hers. Loses stuff.
The boys bite each other till thier BLEEDING!
I feel like my life is out of control and I don't know how to take the hits that i'm being given! I dont' know how much longer I can handle all of this....
I yelled at my daughter badly and I feel hopeless right now. I know I shouldn't have done this but I flipped my lid... :( I'm such a bad mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nah, you're just normal :) we all have bad days. i remember waking to a poop covered crib. not the best way to start the day! clean it up, tell your DD "sorry" and go play outside. tomorrow will be better.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• OH YOUR NOT A BAD MOM ! your kids are just irritating the shit out of you at the moment..my daughter isn't old enough to smear poop on her crib yet but I KNOW if she ever does that i'd probably feel the way you do,all I can say is it will get better you will have your good days and your bad days/Preferably good days but with out the bad you couldnt recognize the good soo ...good luck

mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We all have bad days. I have three and no twins but some days are rough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• yes you are just going through a rough time, i say to hell with the crib right now, just take them all to the park and let them run until they fall out and you sit and chill for a moment and collect yourself. what are you doing to discipline your kids bc screaming obviously is not going to work. do you spank? time out? are you consistent? i refuse to yell at my kids unless i have my hands full (say washing dishes or something) and i cant get face to face with them at the moment. i also refuse to tell them ANYTHING more than 3 times (the 2 year old is included and the 6 year old knows the rules by now). i say it once, then twice...and give them the warning "dont make me tell you again!" and then if i have to its off to their room (they hate being in their rooms away from me so making them lie down for a few minutes is pretty effective) or if they are doing something destructive or something that could hurt em, they get spanked
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I really appreciate the encouragement :) I'm also preggo, so it makes it emotionally charged on top of all the probs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• good lord... 3 kids and pregnant.... I have 1 and can' barely do it - no wonder you are at your wits end..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You are a normal mom. I yelled at my three year old yesterday for trying to play with the soap. She gave me the saddest little face and burst into tears and said "Mommmmmeeeeeeee, Want to wash my hands." she was so dejected. I realized I had to slow down and think about the why in what they do. She is desperate to be a big girl and I wasn't giving that any thought. The up-side is she probably doesn't remember today.

Just try to slow down. read some books or have some extra cuddle time. You'll feel better!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Can you get a sitter, or Daddy to keep them, so you can get out without the kids and recharge?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We all get upset and if we didn't then we would not be normal! When I feel like I am about to lose it I make sure the kids are safe and I have a "time out". They know by now that when I say that I need one that it's me time and to leave me alone for a minute. And if I do lose my temper I just say that I am so sorry and I explain why I am so upset. Their little hugs always make me feel better~
    I had the poopy smeared diaper thing happen for nearly 2 months. My solution was undies over the diaper.
    good luck mama! sounds like you need some.
    Anonymous