Racisim Today

What's with all the talk about slavery. How whites owe blacks a debt. They should be able to work it off? Slavery has nothing to do with anyone anymore. How could anyone think that people today should be held accountable for what people have done long ago in the past? It makes no sense to me. Shouldn't we be living in the present instead of in the past?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course we should and we were until Obama was elected and started his sly effort to divide America using race. You don't need a link to know people are going nuts with the racism stuff. Just think back on all the remarks Obama has made that were just egging on the racism. It's all in the plan. You can't deny it hasn't gotten worse since the election. Just go on and try to justify it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I haven't heard anything about this.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Could you maybe put up a link or something to back up your statements please?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Do you know how ignorant you sound?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• How is that ignorant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The liberals need the issue of racism kept alive. They don't want it to end because it gets votes and lines a lot of pockets. ( Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson etc..)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I know what you are talking about OP. This is seen on cm all the time. There was a post yesterday.

I think the liberal agenda feeds it. Just google who supports reparations. I had a link to part of an Obama speech regarding reparations. He was talking about backdoor approaches. It doesn't work anymore and I have not been able to locate another source.

IMO this attitude is just an excuse for sloth and greed. I wouldn't be able to hold my head up if I felt I was OWED something because of mistreatment of my ancestors. That is just plain embarrassing.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• "IMO this attitude is just an excuse for sloth and greed. I wouldn't be able to hold my head up if I felt I was OWED something because of mistreatment of my ancestors."

Are you saying only AA are sloths yourspecialkid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Without racism, Jesse Jackson, James Clyburn, Al Sharpton, and many liberal media trolls would be out of a job... They need to cry racism like Al Gore needs to cry global warming inorder to buy ANOTHER new house that he can fly to on his private jet. It's how they roll... ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• IMO this attitude is just an excuse for sloth and greed. I wouldn't be able to hold my head up if I felt I was OWED something because of mistreatment of my ancestors. That is just plain embarrassing.

*******

I completely agree!  Whatever happened to my ancestors should not affect me and how I live my life today!  I am not OWED anything because my ancestors were who they were.  I will make it today through my own efforts, not because of someone's actions (or lack thereof) more than 100 years ago.

29again

Answer by 29again at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2010