I feel like my kids are physically neglected at their fathers, what should I do, I don't want to start trouble, but I have already talked to him and his wife about some of this.

They are filthy , haven't brushed their teeth, coming home w/ no underwear, b/c they are "wet" they have other clothes at their house, all they feed them is fast food and junk, b/c there is no place to cook, their apt. flooded and they have done nothing to clean it up. My kids are staying in a bait shop. Sorry so long, just want to give all the info I can.

TobeyMomma4

Asked by TobeyMomma4 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• Has this just happened since the flooding? If this is something that's been going on for awhile, then I would let them know that the kids cannot be treated like that anymore. If it continues, report it. They can't keep the kids living in filth like that.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Document every thing...pix, dates of arrival, note what they ate..if anything. Get all of your facts together then call your attorney. Your responsiblity is to those kids and their well being. Yes, this will cause trouble...but they are worth it.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Thanx, I've had these ?'s before and people just think I'm being a Biotch, They just act so irresponsibly with them, by not making them bathe or brush their teeth, I talked to my original divorce atty, he kinda blew me off. So I will probably be getting a new one when I can ($) but we have been taking pics.and my mom has been too, b/c they let her get the kids on their time too.
    TobeyMomma4

Answer by TobeyMomma4 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'd contact a rep with the state or county you live in for child services ask them what they say because I know in my county that depending on the area they live in and how the children are treated (such as being bathed etc) can be harmful to the children
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I am the grandmother in this situation( miminurse55) and believe me the morning I walked in to pick my grandsons up and found the oldest one sleeping on the filthy baitshop floor with just a blanket and couch cushion I had to practice the utmost self control. I have continued to try to stay in a neutral place with these horrible people so I can have access to the boys while they are with their dad and step mother. When they come to me they tell me that they have not showered or brushed their teeth for a long time. I am more than willing to contact the necessary people but at the same time that will loose any chance I have to get to the children on "their" time. I have been writing down the time and dates of these incidents. Please keep these boys in your prayers and their mother too. miminurse55
    miminurse55

Answer by miminurse55 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I don't know how you can let this keep happening. Evidences are collected, it is time to stop the mistreatment. No more visitation until you find out why the children arent' well taken care of.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2008