Gerber Graduate Smart Sips milk??

does anyone use this? Is this supposed to be a substitute for regular milk or just a treat?? My son will be 1 wed, im considering on trying it to see if he will like it.

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just use regular whole milk. I think that Gerber stuff tends to be a rip off.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I haven't tried it but if I had a little one I wouldn't. Gerber tends to capitalize on trends and the making of "smart" foods is the new trend. Whole milk is good and inexpensive comparatively.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Babies over one don't need cow's milk. Cow's milk formula is only used as a replacement for human milk to keep the baby alive for the first year when baby can eat solids well. There are many problems associated with milk including constipation, obesity, allergy, and other digestive problems.

If a toddler does consume milk products only 2 toddler size servings a day are recommended. Toddlers usually like so many foods with milk in them that it is hard to limit intake to 2 servings just from the food they eat. Yogurt is a better choice than drinking milk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• milk has vitamins in it that they need! if i just gave him water to drink all day, he wouldnt be getting all the nutrients he would be needing!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I bought some for my daughter when she turned 12 months because that was when I stopped giving her formula. I was being paranoid and wanted to give her something extra as a nutritional supplement because I felt like she wasn't eating enough,lol. I'm truly a psycho about it,lol. Anyway I bought that and pediasure and some other off brand stuff. But anyway..the Gerber graduates..ew...they really taste nasty. She would not drink them at all. I tasted it..you know to show her "yummy,look mommy likes it"..yeah right,haha.
    Your son might like it. But if he likes to drink milk, I wouldnt worry about using it as a substitute but givng it as a treat or a nutritional supplement can't hurt.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• @Ethan'sMOmmy...actually, it has some calcium amd vitamin D, and they only need 16 oz max of dairy period. So, if he eats cheese, yogurt etc and if he eats veggies at all, he really could only have water and be fine. He doesn't even need juice because the real fruit is better eat anyway. Babies don't even need the Gerber baby food. They can wait and go right to real food. i say no to the gerber milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It's a cash cow. I'd avoid all gerber food products..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i know its expensive, i was just wanting to know if anyone had tried it with their toddlers. But i just went to walmart & they had the plain flavor on clearance for $1!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010