Other than using a strap, how do I get a 3yo to keep her glasses on?

She's constantly taking them off. And yes I know just reminding her and putting them back on. But is there a "trick" to having her leave them alone?

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Our youngest has been wearing them since he was 2.. I never used a strap, but I did have them fitted so they were comfortable for him.. Maybe they bother her, you can take her in and ask them to help make them a bit more comfortable.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We let our daughter pick her glasses.
    You can try a reward. If she fails and does not recieve an award, she might get the idea a little. (Not trying to sound mean)
    Do you know anyone that wears glasses that could talk to her, especially if you know a child a little bit older than her that could tell your dd how cool they are?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My middle dd has worn glasses since she was 18 months and we've never needed to use a strap with hers. What we did when she went through a phase of not wanting to wear them (she was about 2) was to start the "strange girl" game. Whenever she wasn't wearing them I would ask her who she was because she was a "strange girl" because my girl wore glasses. Then I'd make a big deal looking all over the house while she followed me around saying she was right there. Once she put her glasses back on I'd make a big deal about finding her and wondering what happened to that strange girl that appeared. Worked like a charm and became an inside family joke. She saw me one morning without my glasses on and called me "strange mommy" until I put them on. She's 7 1/2 and I still call her "strange girl" when I catch her without her glasses on.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 PM on May. 2, 2010