What kind of dog do you have?

My dog got out, so now im in the process of looking for another one. I dont want anything mixed, and I would prefer something really big. Can you tell me what kind of dog you have and the pro's and con's of it?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pets

• We have a Doberman :) I never really thought I would say this but I LOVE that breed!!!! He is such a good dog and smart too!!!

Funny yesterday the UPS man came up to the garage......we are out in the country so he (the dobe) was just out with us......the guy dropped the package and shut the door quickly, he yelled "have a good day" through the door LOL!!

He has a LOUD and vicious (I guess) bark but is soooo sweet and really I don't think he would ever hurt anyone :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 4:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i have 2 weimaraners. very active. my female is mid size. my male is huge. good luck
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 11:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I have 2 American Bulldogs. Whom we love, they are very active and are great with children. Our female is around 70lbs and our male is 95lbs
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• WE have 2 golden retrievers very good with everyone especially kids...AW! Why don't you go look for your dog? Poor Baby (:
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I did look, but she is a pomeranian, more than likely someone saw her and took her. shes really pretty and loves attention so idk what happened to her. I think i want more of a guard dog now, something that doesnt bark at her own shadow.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• How long ago did your dog get out? have you put up flyers and called the vets and shelters in your area? I have 3 dogs a Pitt Bull mix, a flatt-coat retriever mix and a pitt bull/border collie mix. You might want to think about having your next dog microchipped just in case something like this happens again.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I have 2 labs, I love them PROS -they are great all around family dogs. CONS- very hyper puppies, need a lot of attention always.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Why aren't you putting up fliers and asking around instead of looking for a new dog?

I have two large breed dogs, but I won't divulge their breed. I wouldn't want to send you to a breeder I knew only to have you lose the dog.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• ^ ha, your not much help
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• the 2 big dogs i have are standard poodle and boxer. i love the standard poodle cause they are the second smarttest dog and so easy to train. i picked one with medium to low energy which means that she won't tare up my yard, chew sprinkler heads off etc cause she doesn't have energy to burn off like our boxer. which i wish i could rehome but my husband won't part with her. my poodle is great with my kids even if you pull her tail which she does (4 yr old) and i wish she would stop. she is so sweet and loyal. she jumps sp high and is a crowd pleasure everywhere she goes. she is fun to do those cool hair cuts with. although it's hard to keep from knotting if you don't brush on a regular basis. i'm working on having her be a therapy dog. if your an out going person a boxer is the dog for you. they will go far and lick you to death. the best dog is a spayed or neutured dog though. you know you dog may just come back.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010