For moms who've breastfed more than one baby, did you have periods while BFing 1 child and not the other?

I have had 3 EBF babies. With my first two my periods started just 6 weeks after delivery and were a steady 7 day flow every 30 days. My 3rd baby is 4.5 months old and still no period. All three babies were a c-section delivery.

I know it's possible to not have periods or have regular periods while BFing, but is it normal to have the 2 extremes in one woman? Did anyone else do this?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 11:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed my oldest for 14 months and started having a period after 10 months. I did not have a period until I weaned my youngest at 14 months.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My sister ran into that w/ 3 of the 4 that she EBF. Only w/ one of them did she get her cycle back, before weaning.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• strangely i got my period after 3 months with my son, it was regular and nothing was abnormal about it. but with my daughter the entire time i was breastfeeding her i was bleed the whole time. it was like a period but didnt stop until i stopped breastfeeding.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• with my first my periods started at 5 months, with my twins my period started as soon as i stopped bfing, at 15 months. i think it has something to do with how much breast milk is being produced, or hormone levels, which may be controlled by the amount of breast milk.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010