Military Wives: Where is the best place you have ever PCS'd?

My hubby is a Combat Camera Production Specialist and we have been talking about PCSing. He wants to go to Germany.I am SCARED because well snow..I just cant stand SNOW.I know it doesn't snow ALL the time but I just dont think I could hack it lol. Then he said Fort Bragg...BUT I dont know.Where was your fave Base/post?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 11:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH is Air Force. We've been to 4 bases so far, but our favorite by far was Moron Air Base in southern Spain. Europe was amazing. We didn't get to visit any other countries other than Spain and Portugal, but I love the European way of life! I've heard Germany is nice, they're just not as kid friendly as we are used to over here from what I hear. Guam was REALLY nice too though lol...75-85 year round, beaches within 2 minutes, barbecues every weekend...Yeah that was nice too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We are only at a first duty station, which is Fort Riley, KS. I can tell you it is far from GREAT here but it isn't too bad. I have heard wonderful things about Germany and have met many wives here that used to live there and wish they could go back!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Any time you can go overseas you should take it. Especially Germany, so many things and countries are close by. We were at Pope AFB which is co-located with Ft. Bragg, we liked it there too. We would live in NC if we didn't have family in Texas. DH is retired now.
    Anonymous

• Italy, but that was before I became a miltiary wife.We are at Great Lakes now, but live in WI. I like it here. We are supposed to move down to TX next year and I dread it with all that I am.
    Anonymous

• We loved japan and we are in Germany now. Both are great and you should go overseas it's great opportunity.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2010