HOMESCHOOLING Help

I would love to homeschool my children, but english is my second language, I didn't go to school in the USA, I came here at 25 years old. (I finished college in my country)
Do you think it is possible for me homeschool? and if you think so, any advice in how to start my research (in learninng the process I mean)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• YES, you can homeschool. BUT, you need to get your kids into outside classes for English conversation. A lot of homeschooling is teaching as you learn. Look into the laws for your state at www.HSDLA.com then start planning your curriculum or course of study. :) Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Of course you can homeschool! Research the laws for your state and look here on CM for some great homeschool groups!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 12:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You can look into a Virtual Academy but I also agree that you need to get in some outside classes for the English spoken language. The Virtual Academy will have classes on line where they will talk to teachers and students in English. I would do a year and then you can feel like you understand homeschooling and then you can do it another year or go on your own!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010