If this Arizona immigration law is so good and right to some.......

why is it causing such an uproar from govt officials and other states?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269749/Arizona-immigration-law-spurs-May-Day-protests-70-US-cities.html

Asked by older at 11:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • 29again... I am not saying give anyone a free ride I am saying help the ones who work and support their familes become legal. You think all of them are just criminals looking for a free ride, well you are wrong. I know many many people who are either legal or illegal but immagrants just the same who work very hard and want a better life. What is the difference between them? You say legalities I say NOTHING!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Uproar, how? Texas, Utah, Georgia, Ohio and Maryland are looking to draft a similar bill of their own.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well the same could be said about the healthcare bill too? The difference between the two, is if one reads the Arizona bill it is constitutional and the healthcare bill is not. But what does that matter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Rallies protesting against the legislation are planned in more than 70 cities across the U.S. this weekend.

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• it gives people a reason to bitch and something to do...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

Because 'some' people would rather NOT read the BILL and rely on being sppon fed lies...  AZ bill mimics Federal Law. If they have a problem with the AZ LAW then they need to protest Federal Laws, too...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• grly you are like always ASSUMING!

Answer by older at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Ohh ~add Oklahoma to the list of another state looking to draft a similar bill

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Wow MD? I am pretty surprised by that grly.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You asked an opinion... I gave mine.. I read the bill. It mimics Federal Laws. If they have a problem with AZ law, then they have a problem with Federal Laws... It's not rocket science... But, yet again, it DOES require the ability to comprehend... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2010