Were you a bully while you were in school?

And do you ever feel guilty about how you bullied other kids?

I was never a bully, but I did help some girls pick on this one girl one time and I did feel guilty. I spoke to the girl days after it happened and apologized for not doing anything to stop it. We became best friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, honestly when I was in school I was probably considered a "mean" girl. I was a cheerleader and athlete, and yes we picked on other kids. I do feel very very guilty about it now and have apologized to a few of the people who I have been mean to in the past. I am a completely different person now.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No, even though I could have been a popular girl and a bully I chose to be myself and defend anyone who was being picked on. I'm happy with my decision and my teachers respected me greatly for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I was bullied by one girl from 3rd grade all the way until we graduated high school. It was only this one girl. I got along with most of her friends, but chose not to hang out with them because I didn't want to be around her. During the whole time that she was mean and hateful to me, I never knew why she was like that. It was really strange because in her whole "group" of friends, SHE was the only one who had an issue with me. Last year (10 years after graduating), she sent me an apology through Facebook. I accepted her apology, but also told her that she should never speak to me again because I have no desire to have any sort of relationship with someone with such a horrible personality. I later found out that her son (1st grade) was being bullied at school. I guess that really made her think about how she was during childhood.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No one got bullied at my school... Kinda weird to hear people talk about it like it happens everywhere. I guess where I am from that type of shit is frowned upon and if someone think they are going to just bully some helpless kid, I am pretty sure somebody would beat their ass
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 1:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• So, whats wrong with bullies. If it weren't for bullies those ratty little nerds would spent their whole life crying in their own soup instead of excelling. We do a public service! LOL.......... Just kidding. It has always boggled my mind, what would make a kid want to bully others. I know why adults do it ............ $$$$$$$ and low self esteem.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I suspect that kids do it for the same reasons as adults........low self esteem.
    Anonymous

• There was a girl at my school who never liked me. She was worse than a bully, she pretended to be my friend and took advantage of me and made me turn on my real friends or she made them turn on me. All the way up through high school she hated me. Even before I was in school she picked on me at my brother's t-ball game. She was such a bitch. I think she was just jealous though. Why? I don't know. Or maybe I was just an easy target because I was so nice to people in school. Either way she was an evil bitch. And her name was Shatzi. If that isn't an evil name for a bitch like her I don't know what is.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i wasnt bullied to a point where i was left crying and running. there was some mean bitches who liked to pick on me though and this was in a CATHOLIC school!! once i went on to high school, i was left alone but saw some of those bitches in around once in a while. im one of those chicks who turned from "nerd to a hottie" boy am i glad that it turned out this way, i see them around town also and become aquaintences with thier girlfriends or thier friends. wish pple knew that what you do in school will affect your adult life!

i really like mama2brooke's response though
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2010