Should I go to the ER? Possible edometriosis

Heres my story. I have been having moderate pelvic pain & spotting between periods for 4 months. For 4 days I been bleeding heavy, clotting, severe pain. I just had a Pap & it is normal. I called a consulting nurse & she mentioned edometriosis (she is in the gyno field) & that I should go to the ER becasue of the pain. I couldn't sleep much last night becasue of it. It is 4 days into my period & nothing is decreasing....I just had a perion about 3 weeks ago. Should I go to the er or wait to find a doctor that may take months?

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 11:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Health

• I'd go to ER and the the nurse already said that so go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If it will take awhile to see the right dr, then go to the ER. See if your PCP will give you pain meds to avoid the ER. The only way to diagnose endo is through a laparoscopy, so the ER will only be able to give you pain meds and look for other causes of the pain. I have endo, been in the ER from pain many times.
    Anonymous

• Ditto the the first two girls. I have endo and pcod. I have had to have an hysterectomy due to complications after birth due to endo. Endo sucks ass, but the only way to be sure is a laparoscop y. All the er will do is check your blood count to make sure that you aren't losing too much blood, and pg test, and maybe a sono..but you will walk out feeling better wiht a possible pain script. Try hot showers or baths, heating pads, massage your lower belly, yoga..I wish I could say it gets better!
    tweetersmomma

Answer by tweetersmomma at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010