I'm due next week, it having pains now normal?

First baby, I've been under a lot of stress lately. This morning I started basically having those familiar back pain/cramps you get during your period. It's been awhile since I've felt that, so it scares me a bit. Also when I get them, the baby doesn't move and usually he's an acrobat. It's not severe bending over pain yet, but it does hurts quite a bit. Also I don't know whether to think its cramping or just that I've been laying around so much this last wk my back is really taking its toll? IDK it hurts & I'm cramping. just really scared 'cause my fiancee left me a few days ago and I live alone. So I want to be prepared if I go into labor since I've no one here at the time unless he deceides to get it together but I can't count on that. Family lives in another state & due to protecting the Father of my child, they don't even know whats going on. So I may have to call 911 & do it alone. I just am scared I wont know labor....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call your ob and keep them updated. they will tell you when to go in.
    i wish you the best of luck. and it is never too late to call your mom!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well if the pain is coming and going around the same time frame, and if your stumach is getting hard when your in pian then you might be in labor. You need to watch the clock and see how often you feel the pain/cramp. If its like every ten minutes or 5 minutes that the pain is coming, then Id go to the hospital. I didn't know when I went into laber with my first. My mom was watching my face, and everytime I felt crampy, she looked at the clock....shes the one that told me it was time...I told her she was wrong the whole way to the ER. But the first tends to come slow...so you should have plenty of time to get to the hospital. When I was in labor with my second I drove an hour to a ranch to pick my husband up that morning, an hour back home. cleaned the house alittle while my hubby took a nap, then I after I thought the pain was getting to bad I went to the hospital. So you have plenty of time. Smack your old man too.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Dang, you are SOOOOO lucky to have made it to 39 weeks before experiencing the annoying cramps! I stared having constand cramps/back pain around 34 weeks with baby #1, 32 with baby #2 and 28 with baby #3! YES its TOTALLY normal and no reason to call your doctor or to think that you are in labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• unfortunately it is really really hard to tell. some women don't feel those sort of cramps until right before labor begins and some feel them for weeks before hand. most likely your labor will be hours long so i wouldn't worry too much about getting to the hospital. if your ctx are like 4 minutes apart for an hour, you can call a cab. i'm planning to head to the hospital around that point and my hospital is over an hour away. & it's my 2nd baby. birth isn't an emergency so try not to be too anxious :)
    Anonymous