What are YOU going to do to stop using so much fuel?

Ya gotta know this oil rig spill thing is going to cost big bucks and we are going to end up paying for it. How are you going to cut costs so you don't depend on fuel?
My kids and I are getting out our bikes and starting to ride everywhere. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely NOTHING!

I use as much as possible every chance I get!

The people who can't afford any. WELL, THEY  "ration" fuel FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I don't know what we are going to do, I am going to have to find some way to work from home if I can. Maybe sell our car and get a motorcycle for hubby, means I can't really go any where with the kids. My kids are so little. Gosh this really really sucks.
    Anonymous

• Must Be Grace,
    I don't believe in Global Warming or that crap. But can you really afford to pay for gas if it goes up over 6$ a gallon like in Europe? Can you really believe you can just one day do EVERYTHING by biking? It takes conditioning. This price hike may take a year or two, but it will come. It is unwise of you to let your anger towards the powers that be to cloud your thinking, which is what your response sounds like.
    Anonymous

• My husband already rides his motorcycle to and from work with the exception of those real nasty weather days.He has done this now for about 2 yrs.I generally do not go very far very often.I just took a trip up to MD recently and will again but in general I tend to stick to my kids things ..the school...ball games...grocery store.Riding bicycles is good exercise but here in the country there are no sidewalks lol..so if we ride bikes we have to find a spot to go to.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I understand it is not practical for everyone all the time TN. :) I am just saying maybe for those of us who live in town. I couldn't do it outside of town. Or with babies. But my kids are old enough. :)
    Anonymous

• nothing if I gotta go somewhere I am going.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We live where it rains a lot, there really are not many options, especially when my hubby's job requires him to drive a lot. If is not feasible for him to ride a motorcycle except in the summer. We don't make much money and I have been desperately looking for ways to bring in some. Even been trying to get a PT job. But if oil prices go up, I feel like we are screwed.

Anonymous

• Sorry, I can't solve all the worlds problems, so we will continue to drive our 2 SUV's, and ride our jet ski's, and Hubby HAS to drive his Big truck to pay for all of it. At 7 mpg in diesel,and doing his job, we don't have any way to conserve there... We also live out in the country so walking or riding a bike 12 miles to town is NOT an option...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My thermostat is set on a chilly 64. I drove my SUV ~gasp~ 3000 miles last year. I live on a mountain in the Pacific NW so biking/walking isn't convenient. We need our big truck to pull our 5th wheel. We take great camping vacations without venturing more than 2-3 hours from home.

I suppose I won't do anything except suck it up and gripe! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well I deliver pizzas for a living and if it goes up significantly than I will be compensated accordingly (or so I'd hope). But if not I woould stop delivering indefinitely.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2010