Barbie birthday party

My oldest daughter is going to be 5 on June 6th and I am starting to plan her birthday. She really wants a Barbie birthday and I am planning on having it outdoors. I need some help on what to do for it. I already know what I am doing for the cake but I need some party help. I wanted to make the invitations so wording would help, games ideas and decoartion help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 12:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'd check out www.oriental.com it's a company called Oriental Trading Company and they have TONS of themed decorations, plates and such
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You could do a Barbie Beach party if you are doing it outdoors. Make it sort of like a luau.
    Anonymous

• At walmart the have a box of barbie party decorations for twenty bucks. It has a bunch of differant stuff.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• familyshoppingbag.com has printable invitations. google barbie birthday party invitations and see what you like there is a ton of stuff out there! check ebay for invitations too, there are some personalized ones, you could order, or copy and do yourself.
    for an outdoor party a pinata could be fun, you could check oriental trading for pinata stuffers that is not all candy, or you could stuff with candy, that is cheaper : )
    decorations for outside cant be much more than streamers and balloon, i don't think.
    we are going to try tie dying t shirts for my son's 5th bday party tomorrow. a bunch of pink tie dyed t shirts could be cute and fun.
    for an easy craft project you could decorate foam tiaras with glitter glue and foam stickers.
    games could include a scavenger hunt, pin the purse on the barbie wrist, 3 legged race...
    birthdayideas.com could be a fun place to start t987oo!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• *too
    my son's choo choo ran over the keys!
    happy2bmom25

• We cheated and went bowling, but I made the cake.. there is a picture of it on my page if you want to take a look at it. I'm a former Pastry Chef, so yes.. I made the cake. It is all cake with marshmallow fondant except for the doll..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:48 AM on May. 1, 2010