Riot police called in to "subdue" singing Grannies at Tea Party event! Overboard?

I honestly feel sorry for these police officers. They were called out in full riot gear, snipers were strategically placed.................because a bunch of old people were singing God Bless America.

If you don't like this link, just google it. You will find dozens.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=147417

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• OMG, those horrid, dangerous grannies!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• what a waste of money if you ask me... it costs us to have those guys out there to protect us from what?? Harmless grandmas??? WOW ! what a joke!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You just know they were ready to storm into O's speech, and take him DOWN!!!! LOL!!! I think someone can't take the criticism so close to where he is. You know, he left DC everytime there was a protest there. I think he (or his handlers) are afraid of something.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No. It isn't overkill. It is their job to protect the president. Who knows who is going to shoot at him? If this was just a tea party and they called riot response yes, I would say overkill. Knowing the president was there, not overkill. (I don't like Obama just for the record.) They would have done this for any president.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• LOL I saw that. It would be laughable if it weren't so stupid. I Wonder if they will have all those police out there when the May Day illegal immigrant riots start
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Its their job to protect the president.
    Anonymous

• LOLOL doesn't that lady on the right look like Maxine? (the cartoon)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• that is true.. the president was coming in so that is why but gosh this one quote made me laugh out loud....

"Thanks for protecting our president," one tea partier can be heard saying on a video of the event. "He's the anointed One, the Messiah."

Not sure if it was sarcasm or what but I was like oh come onnnnn!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010