what would a man expect from his wife to be a SAHM/W if she were to quit her job all together?

It sucks for me bc he told me he does not want me staying up late at night and sleeping in all day he doesn't want me roaming the streets even though I only go to dollar general or Walmart it's not like I go spending all the money I told him he better get off it and stop trying to control my every action he's like well if you are going to stay home I expect this and that. I am like oh ok let's just go with the flow and see what happens... The only thing I'll miss is the extra money I was bringing in but I am so ready to be at home for now. I will get to spend more time with kids and keeping up with the house. I don't want him to bitch about ANYTHING!!! I know he sounds very controlling but I don't let him get the best of me I hate that he is this way but he really is a good person and can be a jardass with anyone who gets in his way... Aso I am glad I did not marry a wimp...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine was like that great guy but I think he feels a little jealous that I am at home and sleep in later, he was raised and around woemn who worked and dosent quite get the concept and had expectations for me but I dont live up to them and am not a wimp. I told him this is what is going to happen my baby isnt going to daycare and I dont meet his expectations he just had to get over it. Now I think he is starting to see it was a good idea.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Get the book Made from Scratch: Reclaiming the pleasures of the American Hearth. Really good reading. By Jean Zimmerman.
    Start by cleaning house. (Get into a routine!), Cooking...learn new recipes, Food Storage, Crafts, Gardening, Make your house a home!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think my husband would expect me to keep up with the house, laundry, grocery shopping, bill paying etc., but he wouldn't care when or how I did it and he would understand that I might not always get it all done while caring for little ones. Huh, I guess it would be the same as now, except I'd be at home all the time instead of spending my days at work.

Anonymous

• Mine wants me to do everything. He want's the house to be perfect and everything dusted. I do it all, even the yard work. He doesn't say anything when I'm doing a good job....but he bitches if I forget to dust the enterainment center. It's stupid and I finely told him that I didn't know if I could spend the rest of my life with him if things stay the same. I just get tired of feeling like a kid thats getting in trouble from daddy.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• my husband wants me to take care of the kids as a #1 priority then everything else falls into play, he does not tell me that i have a bed time or that i can't sleep in , not that i can since my baby is up around 5am every day ... as long as i have enough clean laundry to get through the next day and the mess my dd has made is limited to her bedroom, he dosen't care, we look at it this way: i do not go to his job and tell him how to run it, he is not coming to my "job" to tell me how to run it, yes he is an involved father but when it comes to other things like house work he dosen't tell me what to do
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My husband and I discussed this before we were married. Both of our moms were SAHMs while we were growing up, and even now that we are grown. He doesn't have any real expectations, doesn't tell me what to do. I do what I can, making our kids the #1 priority and what's not done when he gets home we work on together.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Sounds to me like he IS controlling, and wants you to be tied to the house with no income, completely dependent on him.

I'd be wary.
    Anonymous

• Guys generally hate details. Keep the home fires burning and discuss the everyday details of frustration with someone else and bring him up to date when it's important for him to be involved or when he asks. Some guys really do appreciate a strong woman, they can trust to hold the fort; so to speak; and you will be rewarded with trust. I mean, if your part was supporting the family, you would'nt want him solving your work problems.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:41 AM on May. 1, 2010