Upset over brother marrying please help cope

Ok my brother (19) and his fiancee (18) are getting married in june. I am planning on flying back home to attend their wedding and also my other brother is coming home for his R&R but will not be home for their wedding. His leave ends before their wedding. There has been alot of bad blood in the past with my brothers fiancee and her family, they have done alot of pretty terrible things to my family, and have decided we need to just forget and move on, and that is exactly what my brother's fiancee said to my mom. Well I flew home for her bridal shower, and my mom and I bought them a 700 dollar tv for their wedding, well a couple days later my mom gets a call from her asking for the receipt for the tv so she can take it back. So my mom gave it to her. Well I am having a hard time dealing with this situation. My other brother is deployed until aug, and wanted to attend the wedding but cant because he is away IDK what the rush is?

Sillybillymel

Asked by Sillybillymel at 12:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Well i HATE my brothers wife. and i don't hide it. i am respectful when i encounter her for the sake of my brother. but that's it!!!! i do my best not to encounter at all!!!! you have to do what's best for you love.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I don't know how you can cope with someone else making decisions about their lives without your input!
    Anonymous

• Wow why did she want to return the tv? That would bug me. Im not sure what the rush is for but your brother helped pick or agreed to the date too. All you can do is be there for your brother and try and be as cordial as possible to her and her family.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i don't like my brother's wife either, never have and probally never will BUT i had to finally let go and realize it's his life, not mine. i hate to see him unhappy but it is the life he chose for himself and there is nothing i can do about it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Anon I am just having a hard time dealing with this. Her and and her family have done serious and terrible things to my family. They purposely did them, and without apology and expect us to act like nothing happened. She said the tv was having problems, I cant remember what exactly now, it has been a couple of months. But a friend who is an electronics expert did tell me that what she said the tv was doing was not possible with the new tv. I am normally outspoken but I havent said anything to my brother about his fiancee. It hurts knowing that my other brother cant be at the wedding, deployments are apart of our lives, as my husband and both my brothers are in the service, but it just seems like she wants this done before my other brother gets home, as he does not like her and was completely against this marriage. My brothers are best friends and are stationed at the same post, different units.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 12:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Go with the flow if you want your brother in your life. Its his problem, not yours. Walk away...
    Anonymous

• I don't get why she returned the t.v. that would make me mad. But the date, maybe it means something to them, like we are having our wedding on our anniversary for the day we officially started dating.
    Anonymous

• I can't begin to guess what is bothering you? Why are you worried about any of this?
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 1:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Idk why this is bothering me so much. I dont know if it is a mixture of being worried and hurt by their actions. Idk. There is a lot of bad blood between the families. I have never had a problem with any decisions my brothers have made. I always felt like it was their decision, and not my place to worry. Idk maybe it isnt my place, but I worry about him, and he is very impressionable. He is a good kid, I just know all the things he has done already because it is what she said, and he has told me many times he did not agree but he was tried of arguing. Maybe if he didnt flip flop around so much, I wouldnt think this way. They have been dating for 2 years, and every time I talk to him it seems like he was breaking up with her, then they were back together, then they were engaged, then broken up, and he is stationed in KS and she lives in our hometown in FL, and he wanted her to move to KS but she said not unless were married.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2010