IS anyone giving away any puppies?

looking for one to grow with our family.
I asked yesturday where I could find free puppies and got bashed for it so let me let you know
I own my home, we have no mortgage or rent just usual monthly bills so I CAN TAKE CARE OF A PUPPY AND PROVIDE MEDICAL CARE, FOOD and SHELTER.
I know people give away puppies all the time so I WILL NOT BUY one when I can get one for FREE.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND UNLESS YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A PUPPY

THANK YOU

hisblueeyes

Asked by hisblueeyes at 12:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pets

• There are always people on Craigslist giving away puppies and dogs and some newspaper classifieds allow free listings.. Some do ask a small rehoming fee to hopefully see that people have good intentions for the dogs.
    Anonymous

• What state are you in?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I live in NorthWest Indiana
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 12:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If you have the money why don't you RESCUE a puppy? Why do you need it for free? You can obviously afford it.
    Anonymous

• most people who have puppies send them to the pet store anyway so I will be rescuing one

hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 1:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• craigslist has lots of free puppies. i got a cream colored standard poodle free on craig. i think getting a free pup from craig is the same thing as rescuing one as it prevents that same animal from going to the shelter and maybe being put down. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• what a cheap skate.
    Anonymous

• YES I am anon thats why I OWN my house because I save my money in any way I can.

If you want to be childish and call names you should show your face.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 2:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The people who send their pups to pet stores are puppymills and back yard breeders. They are not giving them away either they do get paid for them. It is the people who send them to shelters that are giving them away because the shelter certainly won't give them money for them. I don't see why you can't look in a shelter it certainly won't cost you $1000 like the min pin you gave away did. I got a "free" puppy in December after finding him on the streets. He has cost me at least $700 dollars if not more because of the neglect he had received before we got him. Free is not always better.
    Anonymous

• never said it was better geez you people always have something negative to say.
    Ok maybe they dont take them to the store they take them to a shelter and are most likely put to sleep...why not get a puppy before it is taken to a shelter?? What is the difference and what do you really care if I get one for free or not?
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010