Bathtub stains

I have 2 sets of stains running down my tub just below the handle for the plug. I have scrub using everything I can get my hands on...nothing has worked! Any ideas out there would be appreciated. I would love to have my tub looking new again. Thank you

Kathy7_20

Asked by Kathy7_20 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Lime away might work if its a rust stain. I have also heard lemon juice works.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Have you tried CLR? We had to use that on our tub when we first moved in. You can buy it at WalMart, Target, etc.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Works and Wink both work GREAT on rust/hard water stains.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Mr. Clean sponges work well, you can try fresh lemon and baking soda, The Works tub and shower cleaner works pretty well too.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• There is a product next to products like Ajax and Comet called Barkeeper's friend. It uses acid to break down the stains. It will leave your tub looking brand new!
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 9:34 AM on May. 4, 2010