Does anyone else have a little girl but had a Mom who didn't teach them things properly?

IE how to shave your legs, about wiping the right way, how to do your hair, etc etc? My Mom was a hot mess and I had to learn things the hard way, by trial & error. Some things I never did pick up on, like applying makeup correctly. Now my little girl is starting to grow up and I basically have no idea what I am doing. Anyone else have a similar situation?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I didn't but I see my sister doing that with my niece. Maybe for the makeup or hair or face care part, you could take to a salon to have her LEARN correctly by a professional ? good b-day present! Or now that there is the internet, you could look up things together and learn together certain things plus it would give you great together time!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If you want to learn to put make up up correctly, how to set a table, proper etiquette, stuff like that but have no idea. Go to the public library and look for books on the subject. Otherwise there is always utube.
    Anonymous

• LOL Well my mom did show me how to shave but I hate make up so my girls are screwed there. I really don't want them to wear it I don't think they will need it but we will see. I do fix her hair and keep improving may I add! I have a 2 and 5 yr old girls. My son is far easier! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My mom never taught me those things because I never asked and never wanted to know most "girl" stuff. I don't wear make up and never have. Doing my hair means pulling it into a ponytail and I don't dress up (don't even own dressy clothes or shoes).
    I have 3 girls. If they want to learn to be girly-girls they'll have to learn it from their friends because I don't have a clue and I don't want to learn. It doesn't interest me at all. So far none of them is interested in that stuff. My oldest is almost 10 and I can barely get her to brush her hair in the morning and she goes to school with big knots in it and sticking up all over.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'm in the same boat. I use u tube for a lot for instructional videos.
    Anonymous