should I go buy gas today before the prices go up?

I have a 1/2 a tank in my car, but I also need to mow my grass next week and I have an empty 5 gal tank in the shed. Are prices going to soar in the next few days becuaes of the BP thing in the gulf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• they may because of the coverage but the oil industry has become a cartel and they have tons stored so something like this isn't actually affecting them in the immediate and by the time it would, they've already got their supplies so it ultimately won't hurt them. They'll just use it to hurt us. Did you know the US has enough oil to last us the next 100 years? most people don't and why would you? BP and all the others love to spike the prices and claim it has something to do with anything so you'll pay without a fuss. Its a real joke, sadly. Buy your gas when you need it- chances are in a week any price spike will have settled but its supposed to go up in general over the summer just because they can get more from travelers.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Who cares? Do what you want. It's not like it's going to affect me or anyone I know. We will continue to drive as we need to... I suggest you do the same. Life is what it is Hon... You can't change it. Life goes on.....
    Anonymous

• will you not buy any gas after today ever?
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Too late it already went up. Yes, buy once a week always. I try to always keep my tank topped up just in case. Plus it evaporates less if there is more in the tank.
    Anonymous

• Gas is on its way to $4.50 a gallon. The Pentagon announced last week that we have hit Peak Oil.

Get rid of your car while you still can.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 AM on May. 1, 2010

• "Get rid of your car while you still can."

Sometimes you have great answers and then sometimes you are downright ridiculous. While it would be nice if our country had better mass transit, the fact remains that it doesn't. Unless you happen to live in NYC or some other large metropolitan area, you HAVE to have a car.

To the OP, if it makes you feel better, then go fill up your tank and your gas can. Can't hurt, right?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:35 AM on May. 1, 2010