Could it be too soon?

Had a dr. appt yesterday and they said the baby is head down and his head is a week ahead in growth. He is 5lbs 12 oz. In the middle of the night I had so much pressure down there I almost woke up SO and my mom and the pressure hasnt gone away. Its worse if im standing up or sitting up straight. I wondering if he could have droped or if it would be too early? Im 35.6 weeks

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh! call your doctor! I've heard of people not feeling their contractions- sounds crazy, right? Maybe you'll meet baby soon :) good luck mama!
    LittlestKeen

Answer by LittlestKeen at 12:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yes it is a little early for you to have your baby. There will be a chance that your baby will most likely be in the nicu that early I am not trying to scare you but I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant with my daughter, she dropped and I started feeling her pressing down so I called the doctor and he told me to come in and I started having con. so good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• It is totally normal for your baby to be low in the womb at this point!! It is normal to have constant pressure also. I dont think that anything you said signals that your baby is anywhere near ready to come. If your baby wasnt head down at this point, it would be cause for concern. And the babies head measuring a week ahead? no big deal. 5 lbs 12 oz at almost 36 weeks means that your baby will be about 7 1/2 pounds at birth which is totally average. Thats assuming that the u/s measurement is correct, which it almost never is, and that the baby grows the "average" 1/2 a pound a week and that you deliver on your due date
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well i called the dr and was sent to the hospital. I was in L&D for a couple hours. They said I am having early labor symtoms. I am contracting but not feeling them, they r 6 mins apart and i am 25% effaced. They sent me home on a high protin diet, i have to lay down for an hour after lunch and an hour before dinner and im not allowed to travel, till baby comes.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 7:25 AM on May. 1, 2010