Light Spotting and Cramping after Pap Smear

I'm over 9 weeks pregnant. I had an early miscarriage in January and a healthy 4 year old. So far things have been great. Two ultrasounds showed a strong heartbeat. I had a pap smear today and my OB said I might have spotting and not to worry, but seriously, tell a pregnant woman who had a miscarriage 3 months ago NOT to worry when they see blood. So far it's very light in quantity and brownish and the cramping is mild an achy.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Melissa823

Asked by Melissa823 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did, don't worry, completely normal.
    Anonymous

• I had the light spotting with my daughter after having a pap done, so don't stress unless the spotting turns into bright red bleeding but since you have a mc if you see light bleeding call doctor asap.
    Anonymous

• I did too. Its normal.
    Anonymous

• Yep. I went through that too. If it turns to bright red and the flow picks up, call your Dr right away.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Thank you ladies. Your responses are so calming. I just went for a very long grocery shop and was on my feet for a couple hours and had no blood. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks again!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010