American Girl Store

Has anyone gone to one? was it fun? Did your daughter enjoy it? I am thinking about going to one this sumemr with my dd. She is very into the dolls!! It is about a 5 hr drive would love to hear some experiences. Thanks!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've never been to it personally, but I've heard that it's a lot of fun for the kids.
    I plan on taking my daughter to it when she's older.

If you put "American Girl Store, [Location]" into google maps .. It will come up with comments people have made about it under the information on location.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We went to the one in Chicago but my daughter was not really into the dolls. If your DD is into them, I am sure she will have fun. It's like a doll heaven! LOL Unfortunately we went when the place was packed. It was an absolute ZOO and I about lost my mind!
    STLMUM

Answer by STLMUM at 2:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Oh my gosh! I haven't been, but my mom's been several times and is obsessed. She took my daughter for her 10th birthday and did the whole thing. Lunch in the little cafe, got her doll's hair done, got her doll's ears pirced, got their portraits done, etc. Apparently she had a BLAST.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It symbolizes everything wrong with American capitalism. $20 to do hair for a doll? Really?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 AM on May. 1, 2010