For those that calculate exactly what thier toddlers and older children eat..

you know, give exactly the recommended amount of certain foods per day,nothing less nothing more..if it doesnt count as "nutritional" you won't give it. Like a cookie or a candy bar. No more than the recommended amount of dairy...like, you've had a pice of cheese and a yourt today dear, no milk for you!
Do you feed yourself like this too?
Or are you just more concerned with the intake of your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is far more important,lol i dont however count..i do feed him healthy and he over all picks the healthy stuff.he eats veggies and fruits everyday and takes vitamins too..the only thing i really dont do is i dont buy snacks for him..i make his jello,his granola bars his trail mix ...i eat ok i think but he eats far more healthy yes.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Totally more concerened with what my child eats...especially when he was small. He can eat how he wants as an adult, but, until then, I shall feed him healthily and appropriately. After all, he can't choose that himself, it is my job.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I am concerned about what my entire family eats. We do not keep junk in the house at all. I wouldn't say I calculate EVERYTHING. I think that a little extreme but I do make sure my children get all their recommended servings of vegetables and fruit and make sure they eat a wide variety of each. I also have to be very food conscious because my 4 year old has several food allergies so all of our food is prepared at home from good organic and usually kosher ingredients.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I find it odd that people restrict their childrens diets but eat garbage themselves. Seems hypocritical to me.
    I eat very healthy and so does my family. Because we eat healthy foods, mainly fresh vegetables, fruits and lean meat and whole grains if we decide to have an icecream or funnel cake at the fair on a whim thats fine. I think eating healthy and having treats in modification is how a child should be raised. It is unrealistic to avoid treats altogether in life and if you do so your child will gorge themselves as an adult. Teach them when a treat is appropriate and portion size. I think its also unrealistic to eat junk infront of your child but expect them to eat nothing but spinach and quinoa.
    Anonymous

• Um..no one said that healthily fed kids never had a treat, that we eat in front of them or that we don't eat healthy. We both eat healthy, he gets appropriate treats.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• who the hell does this? I teach my kids to eat clean as I do. BUT they do get occasional treats and I don't calculate what they eat. if they are hungry fruit and veggi are what they have!
    Anonymous