My 2 year old DD wont sleep through the night still...

My DD is a month away from 2 and she still crys in the night. She sleeps in her crib and doesnt cry to sleep with me, she just wants to be picked up then after about 15 minutes she will lay back in her crib, but if i try to put her back to early she scream at me if i try to take her some where she screams at me. Im sooo beyond frustrated with her im not sure what to do so we both can sleep through the night.

tyanneS

Asked by tyanneS at 1:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest woke at least once per night until he was 3. All kids are different and they need different things. Sounds like she just needs a little mama comfort in the middle of the night. Does she do it all through the night or just once or twice? I don't really have any advice on how to get her to stop as I am NOT a fan of cry it out. I'd be too worried that mine was scared or not feeling well so I've just never done that. Maybe somebody else will have some good advice for you. She WILL grow out of it though if you give it some time.
    Anonymous

• waive the white flag mommy.. it makes things SO less frustrating.. my son didn't sleep through the night til he was 1 , then he only did that for 6 months but he used to cry himself to sleep everynight for an hour to even do that for those 6 months. He got sick when he turned 2 and was throwing up for 12 hours so I was laying on his floor next to him during that night to help him and ever since he hasn't slept through the night. In that time we've also transitioned to a big boy bed.. cause why not at this point.. right.? lol!! that was lets see... 6 months ago almost to date. I was so tired and upset because WHY isn't he sleeping through the night? Why is he so upset at bedtime etc.. somenights it is a bad dream, some nights its just crying, some nights its just calling for mommy.. my husband thinks at this point its habit but he also works nights so he doesn't know all I've tried either or what happens at night cont'd
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I used to get so mad when he would wake 2- to 3 to 5 times somenights and he would freak out the more I was upset.. finally I gave up - for a good 2 months I ended in HIS bed every night.. I wouldn't start there but I always ended there - now its been 3 weeks since I've had to but FOR bedtime I've tired a nightlight in all colors - blue green and normal white. Somenights sleeping with my pillow or my jacket or even shirt would help him.. some nights talking to him about what we get to eat for breakfast in the morning would help - special beditme stuffed animal - flashlights - he has an allergy machine which sounds like a fan for white noise whcih he's needed since he was 9 months old that helps him.. he's never been a good sleeper.. I figure this might be a battle forever, not to mention he used to wake for the day at 445am for a year... we are now at 6 or 7am.. woohoo!! >hang in there..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My first child I went through the same thing. I'm not a fan of letting them crying until it stops either. You can try different things to help them stay in the room but if she's not ready or he, then they're not ready. All kids develop differently. I have seven. I know.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 6:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2010