Question for Tea Baggers

Are you aware that people on the right agree taxes are currently lower?

Bruce Bartlett, a fiscal conservative and columnist for Forbes who worked in the George W Bush and Reagan administrations is shocked by what he sees happening on the right these days.

He reports that the Tea Parties have turned the world around. Tea Partiers yelling about taxes are delusional, he writes. They know nothing about taxes.

Bartlett was executive director of the Joint Economic Committee of Congress and Deputy Assistant Secretary for economic policy at the U.S. Treas Dept. In Mar. he wrote: “Fed taxes are very considerably lower by every measure since Obama became president…. and last year’s stimulus bill, enacted with no Republican support, reduced federal taxes by almost $100 billion in 2009 and another $222 billion this year.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Yep I am aware that they say this, but honestly what can you belive in politics?
    Anonymous

• okay anon, I'm changing your name to teaspoon since you stir the pot, lol
    Anonymous

• I'm changing your name to teaspoon since you stir the pot, lol
    ********
    lol not stirring the pot on purpose. my mom sent me this article I thought it was surprising
    Anonymous

• OP-the list of complaints goes way beyond the taxes. It's a belief that Obama is trying to fundamentally change the country to meet his own agenda (4 year utopia?). Any how, the complaints/issues are endless. Wonder who the GOP is priming as the eternal savior? Maybe Underdog?

Anonymous

• Do the tea people even agree what the party platform even is?
    Anonymous

• It's not about *current* taxes, it's about the tax burden that will be placed on our kids due to the massive expansion of government. It's about the massive debt being racked up and what that means for our future. It's about people not liking the direction our country is going and wanting to get back to the constitution.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• OP-the list of complaints goes way beyond the taxes.

********
    But that's not what they say; they say "Taxed Enough Already". In fact I saw this spelled out just like that on a bumper sticker of a 2010 Lexus LX 570 today! The woman is driving an $80k+ truck and thinks she's being taxed out of her lifestyle? uh yeah ok
    Anonymous

• Do you comprehend that the IMPENDING tax increases that will be UNAVOIDABLE from all the senseless spending and new entitlements are what angers the tea PARTIERS?

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Anon :27: What platform?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2010