Is it wrong to get a part time job just to get away from the kids for a while??

I am a SAHM and Im alone with my DD from 6am to 7pm, even when my DH gets home i still make her dinner give her a bath and put her to bed, plus i get up with her in the night. I do things with her during the day play with her take her to the park, for walks we play outside, we color.... I just feel so alone and board. I have considered getting a part time job just 2 days a week or something so we could have a brake from each other. Is this wrong of me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• OH MAN, YOU SUCK AS A PARENT!! HA...

No seriously...after 6 months of doing the mommy thing day in day out...i went stir crazy...i was super depressed and lonely, and HAD to go back to work...Some moms just cant do the SAHM thing, you need a break to maintain sanity as far as Im concerned! Working to me has always been an easier job than being at home!!! Being at home never ends, you dont get to clock out!! Go get you a job, feel good about bringing in extra money and save it to spend on a family vacation so daddy gets family time too!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong.
    I got a job in the evenings for a while when my son was 18 months old because I felt like I needed to get out of the house and do something.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• lly agree with you, should get a part time job i started working so i could get away from the kids and have my own money
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think it is a great idea. I know a lot os SAHM who need adult interaction and a break from their kids. Working away from home a couple days a week still leaves you with 150 hours at home a week. I say go for it and have fun!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Thanks, that makes me feel better!!
    Anonymous

• Just find something else to do you are just getting bored of the same old routine it will soon pass it is normal feeling like this you just have to pick yourself up and go with it. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No its fine, except I call it getting out of the house.

I enjoy my pt job and my shift starts at 3am-11am, yes I said 3 AM. lol My husbands schedule allows him to watch the kids while Im at work and vice versa. Total income....no daycare.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Absolutely get a part time job... it will be the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby!! You need to have that space away from her from time to time... you deserve it. Don't even feel guilty! I did the same thing and sometimes think my 20 hour a week job is the only thing that keeps me sane, ha ha!
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 3:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well i think a part time job is a good idea, but to get away from your children as a sole reason for the job, thats fuck up.
    Anonymous

• Get a JOB!!!!! YOu deserve it and if it is what you want then do it!! Sometimes I wonder how you SAHM do it.You will feel so much better. My "work time" is like your "me time" everyone needs it...Good Luck. And don't worry about the kids. It is amazing how well they act for other people.
    Anonymous