im worried my husband is going to hurt himself

he is very abusive to me (verbally) he has just bought a gun and i love him so much (even tho i shouldn't i do) today i flipped out on him i told him i was divorcing him and taking the kids, and i will take him to court. but he has just gotten back from Afghanistan (November) and is depressed.... now i am worried he is going to hurt himself! idk what to do, i dont want him to hurt himself because i do love him but i know i should not be with him i just cant take being called an effing bitch all day for no reason! please help what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• he needs counselling..those men go thru a lot..geez just watch brothers.
    Anonymous

• Has he tried counseling?? alot of groups offer it free for vets. he may just be having a hard time adjusting. It might be worth it to do it as a family. let him know that he is hurting you and the kids.
    Anonymous

• Yeah if you feel the need to leave just leave but do it before he starts to maybe SNAP! What made him want to buy a gun?
    That's scary go with your gut feeling GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• yeah i agree he should be in counselling but don't feel obligated to stay there because he is depressed you can still be there for him and help him but it sounds like you and your kids should be staying at safe place unitl he can get things together. those guys do go through alot and you don't where his mind is at right now
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Would you rather him hurt you or your kids with that gun? Let him hurt himself. It's not your fault he's a moron.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It's so hard to do something that will hurt someone you love. Especially knowing that if he does hurt himself, you will feel responsible. But you're right, you cannot take that. Here's an idea, I don't know if it's too late for this.... what if you told him you wanted to separate for awhile and during that time get counseling together with the potential of getting back together? Would he go for that? It sounds to me like that's the only way it's going to work. I bet he has PTSD and you being strong and keeping your boundaries with him is going to be good for him.
    I'm so sorry, what a painful situation for you and your children!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• u should have thought about this before he joined army. killing innocent ppl. what goes around comes around. in this world. he destroyed so many family, now his own personal life and family is in jeopardy. may God help u all.
    Anonymous

• you are very nasty anon i hope karma come around for you!
    Anonymous

• First thing I would do is remove myself & the children from the house. 2. Call one of his buddies & tell him he needs some help, call his boss too. They've been through alot more than me & any other person can think about. My dad was military & on his leave home he was different. but he didn't come home alive. He needs help & if you love him & he can change ya'll can make it work. Make sure he gets help!! GL!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• ANON 2:28 - You idiot. If it wasnt for men and women like her husband, we would all be in seriouc trouble. They have been the ones protecting your ass when the shit hits the fan. They take a chance of sacrifacing their lives and leaving their kids parentless so they can protect YOU. Once again, idiot.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2010