How long that ur baby nap?

my 4mths old baby nap only for 30 minutes max. I don t have time to do what I need to do or take care of myself during his naps.

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, honey, I feel for you! My son did this for several months. I felt a little crazy sometimes, because I just got a chance to catch my breath and I would hear his little wake-up cry. He is now 7 months and just started sleeping longer within the past month. It's a had phase, but I don't know any way to help them sleep longer. One thing that helped my sanity was always putting him to bed at 7 pm so at least I had evenings free. Good luck!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My daughter typically takes two 20 minute naps. Every now and then she'll nap longer. Today she napped for about an hour and a half, but that is very rare for her. I mostly just do what I need to do when she's awake. Depending on what it is, I'll either put her in her rocker chair (only do that for showers now that she is older), her exersaucer, or I wait until my husband gets home and I'll have him watch her and I'll do whatever it is I need to do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I used a sling if I needed to get something done (a proper one used correctly) and at that age could put her on the floor or in our 3in infant to toddler rocker chair in the bathroom or where ever I was for a few minutes. Most involved things I did at night when my husband got home.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I have read things about the 30 min. intruder where a baby isn't done sleeping but they have changes in their sleep cycle during that time that cause them to stir. Try not to get your baby right away and see if they go back to sleep on their own or go in and rub his/her back and try to get to go back to sleep.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• DD does the same thing. When we put her down for a nap she fights sleep for over an hour then only sleeps for about 20-30 min. But I have noticed that in the afternoon if I hold her or lay down with her she will sleep for an hour or more. Which is a good bonus for me :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:29 AM on May. 1, 2010