prenatal vitamins

My hubby and I are about to start trying in a few weeks and I wanted to go ahead and start taking prenatal vitamins. Does anyone have a good suggestion on what kind? I tried a few different kinds when I was pregnant with my son and everything made me super sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yeah it did me too! My OB said take children's vitamins and just take folic acid on the side you can get it alone at any store. Good luck!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 2:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Because my son had cleft, they told me to start taking folic acid 6 months prior to concieving because things like that are decided before the baby forms, I know your not in this situation i just like to tell people so they know and are precaution . I agree with Sarah, just take Flintstones vitamins and some folic acid
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My caregiver highly suggests a food based prenatal vitamin. You find them at health food stores, and they generally have liquid varieties that could be easier to take. I handled the liquid much better than the pills...even though it looks kind of gross.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:04 AM on May. 1, 2010