Do Some Hispanic Americans hope law deters illegal immigration?

Yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/30/arizona.hispanics.immigration/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Interesting article. But you will be bashed for it being from CNN. There isn't a source on the planet good enough for CM ladies.
    Anonymous

• Sue Schwartz says she's been called a racist so many times she doesn't mind the label anymore. If wanting immigrants to enter the country legally, like her great-grandparents from Mexico, and obey the laws of the land makes her racist, then so be it, she says firmly.

AMEN Sue Schwartz
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My husband is Mexican American, or Chicano, watever term you prefer... Although he does not believe it is right for them to come over here just to sell drugs or cause trouble, he believes (and so do I) that if they are coming over to truly make a better life for themselves or their kids its fine... Whos gonna do labor work for a cheap price? Not very many!
    Anonymous

• I am Arab American, (My mom came here LEGALLY) grew up in AZ, about 40 minutes from the border. we were poor growing up and my mom hired Mexican ladies to nanny us, for room board and a little cash. In my experience, the ones who were completely illegal were also the ones who stole from us or would be a bit negligent of my brother and I. The ones who we loved, who took good care of us, who also went to school to truly make a better life for themselves, were the ones who also had visas.

I also would think that it would be insulting to those who did the work to be legal to suddenly have all the shady people who snuck in just suddenly be told, "POOF! You're legal! And all you had to do was get past the border and lay low till the laws changed!"
    Anonymous

• I'm Hispanic, and against illegal immigration. We have immigration laws for a reason. It's not discrimination, it's law.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'm first generation Mexican - American and I sure ass hell don't agree with this law. As for Sue Schwartz., she is 59 years old meaning she was born 1951, her parents for sure were born give or take 20 years before then so imagine it was her parents grandparents who came here. It was WAY easier to come here legally and than it is now in 2010. So I do not agree with her and she shouldn't have a say in this because the immigration laws when her great grandparent went through have nothing to do with new immigration laws.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

Its easy to do cheap labor when you 18 peopple living in a house. When you have AMERICANS working for you, you have to follow LABOR LAWS.

Anonymous

• lol yep when 4+ adults are living in the same residence all working (and yes ALOT of them are paid under the table) and they all fork in a bit for the bills.One week this one buys some groceries and thats it...while another pays the utility bill and thats it..etc..This is the reality.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• They have to live 4+ or 14 to a house to survive. They don't make a lot of money the few that get paid minimum wage are pretty lucky. How else would you expect them to have a roof over their house and food in their stomach?

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010