Need help with a light sleeper.

My daughter is almost 3 and before we moved to our new apartment would get laid down to bed at 8pm and fall asleep around 10pm and sleep(with her door shut) till 7 or 8am. Now that we moved she goes to bed and actually falls asleep around 7:30 but wakes up during the night if there is any noise. I tried to get a fan for her room to drown out the noise but it's not helping. She is also all of the sudden terrified of her door being shut. I need suggestions to help drown out the noise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do not fret so much. She will get use to the new place and it's different noises soon enough.

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• How about a cd player. It could play soothing music or "nature noises" like ocean waves or something.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• music or noise machine should help. We use one for my kids.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:57 AM on May. 1, 2010