Is this permanent?? I am in my third trimester...

I am in my 3rd trimester with my second and final baby, and all the veins in my body are big and dark blue! They don't rise above the skin but they really really show through. I am naturally very pale and I know that adds to the problem....but you could literally trace and follow them like a road map if you tried! No Joke! It's embarassing and I can't enjoy my bigger pregnancy boobs because the dark blue veins spoils it all! lol. Will this go away once the baby is born?? Maybe the pressure will be relieved? I asked my doc and all he said was not to worry it's not a health concern and he didn't really think of it from a self-conscious woman's point of view. I haven't gained too much weight, and I know vericose veins are common following pregnancy but this involves ALL of my veins. Any input or experience from you other mommas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

KristiCo

Asked by KristiCo at 2:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probally not you just have extra fluid making EVERYTHING swell GL
    Anonymous

• I am not sure, everyone is different. My youngest is 3 years old and the veins are still very clear on my boobs.
    Anonymous

• I had this too and it just goes away...give it a little time =)
    Anonymous

• When your pregnant your blood volume increases, so you have more blood flow because your growing a baby. I'm not sure how much it increases by but it's significant! It will go away in most of your body a little bit after having your baby, but because of breastfeeding and your boobs gearing up for it, they usually remain larger in your breasts. If you don't BF then they should go away once your milk dries up.
    Anonymous