has anyone ever checked their cervix to see if they have dialated? someone told me u could check..if someone has how do you kno what you have dialated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly...you really don't need to know. Doctors really don't need to check. It proves nothing. Unless you are in full blown labor. And even then, if you don't check it does nothing. So, I wouldn't want to risk infection.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Nope can't say that I have! LOL yep I agree with bradenismyson! Its not a good indicator as to when labor will start.
    Anonymous

• Pssh... My midwife said i could "get to know my cervix" that way i will know if i check myself i could tell if theres an obvesious change. But personly i choose not to just cause i dont want to get to know myself that bad haha. Exactlly how do you do it, im not sure but i bet you could google it if you really wanted to. Good luck i guess.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 5:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I would just let your midwife, doctor, or nurse do it. There is a huge infection risk once you lose the mucus plug.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2010