How old were your kids when they first started to climb up on the furniture?

My 16 month old son is able to get up onto the sofa, sit down, and is able to get down safely. He is my first child, so, I don't know if this age is usual for these things.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DS is 12mo and been doing this at least 3 weeks. I do everything I can to encourage independence.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• My dd could clam about a month after she was able to walk she started walking at 9 1/2 mths
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Oh I do too, even though I guided him, he pretty much learned things on his own. Such as, crawling and walking.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• *climb
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• About that age my first was pulling chairs to the counter to get into the cabinets. I was pretty much out of commission with morning sickness and had to store the chairs in the garage....then he started climbing the pantry shelves...
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Ugh, Happy tx... I am going through this with the laundry baskets and cases of pop and water bottles! It is never ending. Thank GOD! I don't have morning sickness... this time, nor with him.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2010